A few Lakes District-y things to check out:
- The Wild Boar Inn, Gilpin Valley. An on-site micro-brewery and smokehouse add to the charm of this traditional Lake District pub. Read about their in-house ales here.
- An interesting article here about a traditional and eco-friendly way of maintaining the Lake District’s foot paths.
- A team of Cumbrian writers have launched an Archers-like online soap opera. Their blog follows the lives of the inhabitants of the fictional Lake District village of Cawthwaite. The blog has attracted a significant amount of followers since its launch at the beginning of June. Read an article about the project here and visit the blog here.
- A lovely Country Diary entry about Cat Bells in the Guardian. Read it here.
- And, for a truly luxurious experience on your Lake District break, the Gilpin Hotel has just unveiled its new jetty spa – read about the experience here and visit the website here.